How does Medical Microneedling work?
The micro-needling device penetrates the upper layers of the skin to create numerous tiny needle wounds. The procedure prompts the body to respond through the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. In response to the stimulus, the skin plumps and thickens, reducing the appearance of scars, fine lines and wrinkles. Recovery is fast and patients typically see best results in skin tone after the second or third treatment. Microneedling treatments may be repeated every four to six weeks with continued improvements of the following months.
What conditions can be treated or improved with Medical Microneedling?
- Increases collagen production
- Mild to moderate acne scarring; any new or old scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles;
- Loose, lax skin;
- Improves moisture retention
- Skin texture and pore size
What will I look like after Microneedling?
After a micro-stamping session, most people will experience redness and mild swelling in a similar way as mild sunburn for 24-48 hours and there may be minimal pin-point bleeding and/or bruising. While the immediate results after treatment may look red, bloody, and inflamed, glowing skin will appear in the following weeks and last for months. The inflammation causes the correction of areas of concern and triggers cellular rejuvenation.
What to expect
- We will apply a topical numbing cream on treatment areas and ideally numbing for 45 minutes to an hour.
- While numbing, your blood is drawn. This should be quick and painless as we only collect 30 mL vial. Your blood is then placed into a centrifuge for 9 minutes to separate the PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma, gold in color) from the PPP (Platelet Poor Plasma, clear in color) and RBC (Red Blood Cells, red in color).
- The PRP and PPP are the transferred into different syringes to later be injected or applied topically to the skin.
- The PRP will be injected into areas of concern.
- The PPP is brushed on to the skin to serve as a lubricant for microneedling. A typical microneedling procedure would use a hyaluronic acid serum (or other serum) to lubricate the skin. The benefits of the PRP procedure is the ability to use your body’s own cells to stimulate new tissue and healthy skin with you any risks of allergic reaction.
- After the microneedling is complete, a hyaluronic acid serum will be applied and rubbed into the skin.
- You should expect to leave this solution on your face for at least the next 4 hours to reap the benefits.